We cancelled our planned trip to Reno, Nevada due to rain, snow, and even ice a couple weeks ago. Just above Reno they received five feet of snow in the mountains so it was probably a good idea to cancel for us desert drivers. .
We have come up with another minni-vacation plan to a place we have enjoyed over the years, Laughlin, Nevada on the 1450 mile long Colorado River. A 254 mile drive through the desert down highway 40.
Laughlin is known by many as the “old people’s home” for gamblers and in many ways, that may be true. Lots of snow birds from the mid-west have parked their trailers in the area for the winter. On the other hand, we look at the area for its weather this time of the year, expected 80 degrees while we are there.
We decided to stay at the Aquarius hotel one of the newer hotels for one reason only, free Wi-Fi. All the other hotels charge for Wi-Fi in the room just like Las Vegas.
We will probably gamble a little but very little as we have other places we will visit instead.
- Oatman, Az a famous ghost town on Route 66.
- Kingman, Az and a meal at the Cracker Barrel Restaurant one of our favorite places to eat.
- Hiking along the Colorado River.
- A drive down the river to Lake Havasu with the original London Bridge and its shoppingtourist areas.
- Star-gazing outside the bright lights of the casino’s. We haven’t seen the Milky Way for many a year.
Will keep you informed how things go to our desert trip and for you high rollers and big spenders you might want to skip this trip. Room rates at this hotel one of the highest in town under $50.00 a night. LOL.